Home Sweet Home Quilt Along
- Block 1 - My Home
- Block 2 - Lapacek's Orchard
- Block 3 - House by the Bay
- Block 4 - My Tilted House
- Block 5 - Two Trees
- Block 6 - Tree of Life
- Block 7 - Under the Moreton Bay Fig
- Block 8 - A Wonky Modern House
- Block 9 - Scrappy Trees
- Block 10 - A Home for the Birds
- Block 11 - The Happy Tree
- Block 12 - the little house
- Block 13 - Three Trees
- Block 14 - Under the Apple Tree
- Block 15 - A Home for Hoot
- Block 16 - Branch Sweet Branch
- BONUS - accuquilt home
- BONUS - Acid Cottage
- BONUS - Marcia's Crazee Patch House
- BONUS Block - Rippling Pond
- Flickr Group - Post your blocks here!
- BONUS - Acid Cottage
My Fabric is For Sale!
My Flickr Stream!
My Blog List
Kim's Crafty Apple has MOVED to www.PersimonDreams.com
I’m re-branding myself from Kim’s Crafty Apple into ‘Persimon Dreams.’
You can now find me at:
(and my jewelry is still at www.theapple.etsy.com)
This stunning bag was sent to me as a candidate for the latest Project QUILTING Challenge. Unfortunately, the bag was made prior to the challenge and more than a week was spent on it so I could not enter it for the judging and prizes… I hate to turn amazing entries away but I’m afraid that just defeats the whole point of Project Quilting – come up with an amazing entry and create it – all in just a week!
BUT, since it’s such an adorable bag, I wanted to share it with you all anyway!
Quilter: Kathy Rosenbaum
this picture shows one of the side pockets
I got the pattern for the duffle bag from Cherie Killilea of studiocherie on the Etsy Website. In her pattern, it was made with one large piece of fabric on the front but I decided that I wanted a patchwork quilted look on the outside so I changed it a little bit.
It is 20 inches wide and has a zipper to close it on the top. There are 3
pockets - two on the ends, and one narrow one in the front middle, in
between the straps. It is completely washable and made with cotton fabrics.
I used more than 12 fabrics to create this look.
Interior shot of travel duffle bag
I do want to note that Kathy did tell me that if she wanted to get this done in a week it could be done. Also, after seeing this bag and looking through StudioCherie’s completed duffles – I went for it and purchased the pattern myself! I can’t wait to have some time to create myself the perfect travel duffle!
Also! Don’t forget to peruse the entries for the Road Trip Challenge and place your vote! If you comment at the end per the instructions you’ll be entered to win a $20 gift certificate to my jewelry shop – TheApple!
Sign Up for my Newsletter!
- ► 2011 (225)
- BIG ETTEAM GIVEAWAY! - NiftyKnits' Alchemy Meerkat...
- I’m a WINNER!
- Quilt of the Month Club – Fabrics N Quilts
- Log Cabin Entries – Time to Vote – Project QUILTIN...
- Project QUILTING – RECYCLE Challenge from PamelasQ...
- My Project QUILTING RECYCLE Challenge – How It Hap...
- An Interview with Tisha Sandberg – Instructor of t...
- Themed Thursday - Sunglasses
- Project QUILTING – Season ONE Random Drawing Prize...
- Summer Solstice
- Season 1, Challenge 4 - Log Cabin
- Top Ten Reasons to Try Project QUILTING
- Project QUILTING – the Judges have Spoken for the ...
- Project QUILTING – Random Generator Winner
- Project QUILTING – the Winners of the RECYCLE Chal...
- A Road Trip Through ‘Shop Local
- Themed Thursday – All About Dad
- Time to VOTE for the RECYCLE! Project QUILTING Cha...
- Belated Project Quilting Entry
- Meet our Guest Judge – Kris from fabricalacarte an...
- Season 1, Challenge 3 - The Recycled Quilt
- Project Quilting – Road Trip Journal
- More WINNERS!
- Project QUILTING Road Trip Challenge - WINNERS
- Themed Thursday - Barns
- Take a Beautiful Handmade Patchwork Duffle on a Ro...
- ▼ June (27)
- ► 2009 (302)
In a previous post I talked about creating a barn quilt to hang at my orchard. Well, the process has begun and I plan to keep you all ‘in...
I was lucky enough to find another fantastic Guest Judge for this week’s Project QUILTING Challenge (the last one of season 1). I wanted to...
We’ve already gone through how to create the frame for the barn quilt , how to paint the barn quilt – now I’m going to show you the last ...
I saw this quilt by Aneela Hoey over 9 months ago. I haven’t been able to get it out of my mind – I just LOVE it! So – here’s what I ...
1. Zigged When I Should'a Zagged , 2. Spring Training - by Ashley B for Project QUILITNG - Zig Zag Challenge , 3. zig zag scrappy , 4....