Home Sweet Home Quilt Along
- Block 1 - My Home
- Block 2 - Lapacek's Orchard
- Block 3 - House by the Bay
- Block 4 - My Tilted House
- Block 5 - Two Trees
- Block 6 - Tree of Life
- Block 7 - Under the Moreton Bay Fig
- Block 8 - A Wonky Modern House
- Block 9 - Scrappy Trees
- Block 10 - A Home for the Birds
- Block 11 - The Happy Tree
- Block 12 - the little house
- Block 13 - Three Trees
- Block 14 - Under the Apple Tree
- Block 15 - A Home for Hoot
- Block 16 - Branch Sweet Branch
- BONUS - accuquilt home
- BONUS - Acid Cottage
- BONUS - Marcia's Crazee Patch House
- BONUS Block - Rippling Pond
- Flickr Group - Post your blocks here!
- BONUS - Acid Cottage
My Fabric is For Sale!
My Flickr Stream!
My Blog List
Kim's Crafty Apple has MOVED to www.PersimonDreams.com
I’m re-branding myself from Kim’s Crafty Apple into ‘Persimon Dreams.’
You can now find me at:
(and my jewelry is still at www.theapple.etsy.com)
Hi all! I haven’t been around in the computer world for much of the last week. On March 31st I had PRK Surgery on my eyes and they’re still in recovery mode. It’s amazing that I can see without the aid of contacts or glasses but things are still a bit blurry and my eyes definitely have to work their strength back up – but it’s so cool how it’s coming along!
I didn’t have a lot of vision/energy for quilting this past week but I did make some progress on my quilt along’s.
Home Sweet Home Quilt Along
AND another BONUS Block: Marcia’s Crazee Patch House
Sashing Bonus – 36 Patch
There will be at least two more *bonus* blocks posted so if you want your quilt to have 20 blocks you can.
I also have TONS of more sashing/cornerstone tutorials to post so this quilt along won’t be done quite yet! I have lots of plans in my mind but I need to actually get some time, make the sashing, and document as I’m doing them. I’m loving how it’s all coming together and think this is going to be one amazing quilt!
Home Sweet Home Quilt Along Flickr Group: http://www.flickr.com/groups/1850682@N20/
Blogger’s BOM Quilt Along from Canton Village Quilt Works AND New York Beauty- A Paper Piecing Quilt Along, AND Mariner’s Compass Experiments
I still only have the sole Mariner’s Compass Block done from the aid of Chris Lynn Kirsch’s class and her new self-published book, Compass Capers. I will definitely be making at least one more of these for this piece.
You can see what everyone else’s blocks for the BOM look like in the flickr group: http://www.flickr.com/groups/bloggersbom/pool/with/6789066490/
and for the New York Beauty Quilt Along in this flickr group:http://www.flickr.com/groups/1900096@N20/
The Craftsy Block of the Month
No new progress to report – YET. I am in the midst of the April blocks – English Paper Piecing and it’s been fun but I’m not quite done with them yet. I’ll leave these first six up for you to drool over.
And here’s the Craftsy Block of the Month Flickr Group if you want to see what others’ looks like:
I finished up Block 4 today! I love how fast it went together and the great look it gives the sampler.
- Overview of the Block of the Month Club
- Block of the Month Pre-Cut Kits
- Block 1:
- Block 2:
- Block 3
- Block 4
Do you know of any great quilt alongs i should add to my list? I’m always looking for more to expand my skills!
We’ll see how many I get made this week – I have a Easter Egg Hunt at the orchard on Friday for my play group and Saturday through to Sunday I’ll be celebrating my 30th Birthday! Yeah!
Sign Up for my Newsletter!
- Home Sweet Home – Truffula Tree Sashing Tutorial
- A Birthday, A Book Review and a GIVEAWAY
- Home Sweet Home – Birds in the Bushes Sashing Tuto...
- Home Sweet Home – Trees in Blossom Bonus Sashing
- BOM & QAL’s – Monday Update
- ‘ties that bind’ by Marie Bostwick – a blog hop bo...
- Home Sweet Home – Hexagon Forest Sashing
- Home Sweet Home – BONUS Block – Acid Cottage from ...
- Home Sweet Home – Shoo Fly Sashing
- RAW Madison Stimulus Video & Guest Blogger
- Home Sweet Home – String a Flower Garden Sashing B...
- Home Sweet Home – BONUS Block – Rippling Pond from...
- I’m 30!!!!
- What’s Your Style: Boho
- BOM’s & QA’s – Monday Update
- BONUS Block – Home Sweet Home Quilt Along: Marcia’...
- Block 16 – Home Sweet Home Quilt Along 'Branch Swe...
- Home Sweet Home Sashing BONUS – 36 patch
- Block 15: Home Sweet Home Quilt Along – Home for H...
- Project QUILTING: Ziggin & A Zaggin - A Closer Loo...
- ▼ April (20)
- ► 2011 (225)
- ► 2010 (276)
- ► 2009 (302)
In a previous post I talked about creating a barn quilt to hang at my orchard. Well, the process has begun and I plan to keep you all ‘in...
I was lucky enough to find another fantastic Guest Judge for this week’s Project QUILTING Challenge (the last one of season 1). I wanted to...
We’ve already gone through how to create the frame for the barn quilt , how to paint the barn quilt – now I’m going to show you the last ...
I saw this quilt by Aneela Hoey over 9 months ago. I haven’t been able to get it out of my mind – I just LOVE it! So – here’s what I ...
Let’s take a look at a few more of the beautiful creations inspired by the Barn Quilt Project QUILTING Challenge. Quilter: Gock’s Frock...