Home Sweet Home Quilt Along
- Block 1 - My Home
- Block 2 - Lapacek's Orchard
- Block 3 - House by the Bay
- Block 4 - My Tilted House
- Block 5 - Two Trees
- Block 6 - Tree of Life
- Block 7 - Under the Moreton Bay Fig
- Block 8 - A Wonky Modern House
- Block 9 - Scrappy Trees
- Block 10 - A Home for the Birds
- Block 11 - The Happy Tree
- Block 12 - the little house
- Block 13 - Three Trees
- Block 14 - Under the Apple Tree
- Block 15 - A Home for Hoot
- Block 16 - Branch Sweet Branch
- BONUS - accuquilt home
- BONUS - Acid Cottage
- BONUS - Marcia's Crazee Patch House
- BONUS Block - Rippling Pond
- Flickr Group - Post your blocks here!
- BONUS - Acid Cottage
My Fabric is For Sale!
My Flickr Stream!
My Blog List
Kim's Crafty Apple has MOVED to www.PersimonDreams.com
I’m re-branding myself from Kim’s Crafty Apple into ‘Persimon Dreams.’
You can now find me at:
(and my jewelry is still at www.theapple.etsy.com)
Continuing on in the sashing tutorials for the Home Sweet Home Quilt Along – Diane has come up with a few really fun additions. Here’s the first one from her:
String a Flower Garden Sashing
from Diane Lapacek
I chose a wide variety of bright fabric strings to make this Flower Garden sashing.
· An assortment of fabric strings. They should be at least ¾” wide and no wider than 2”. These are small pieces, so narrow strips will work best. They do not need to be straight.
· 4 paper foundations 3½” x 3½”. Any paper will work, but something lightweight like newspaper will be easier to remove.
Lay one of your strings diagonally across the first foundation paper.
Lay another strip right sides together with the first, linig up one edge.
Stitch and press.
Continue to add strips to each side until the paper is covered. Make sure each strip goes past the edge of the paper.
Remove the paper. My 4 year old granddaughter, Capri, did this for me. She loves this job and is very good at it and I don’t think it’s all that fun so it works out great for both of us.
Spray starch the piece lightly and press it flat.
Square it up to 3½”.
Make 3 more squares.
Join the squares together to form a row and you’re done.
Sign Up for my Newsletter!
- Home Sweet Home – Truffula Tree Sashing Tutorial
- A Birthday, A Book Review and a GIVEAWAY
- Home Sweet Home – Birds in the Bushes Sashing Tuto...
- Home Sweet Home – Trees in Blossom Bonus Sashing
- BOM & QAL’s – Monday Update
- ‘ties that bind’ by Marie Bostwick – a blog hop bo...
- Home Sweet Home – Hexagon Forest Sashing
- Home Sweet Home – BONUS Block – Acid Cottage from ...
- Home Sweet Home – Shoo Fly Sashing
- RAW Madison Stimulus Video & Guest Blogger
- Home Sweet Home – String a Flower Garden Sashing B...
- Home Sweet Home – BONUS Block – Rippling Pond from...
- I’m 30!!!!
- What’s Your Style: Boho
- BOM’s & QA’s – Monday Update
- BONUS Block – Home Sweet Home Quilt Along: Marcia’...
- Block 16 – Home Sweet Home Quilt Along 'Branch Swe...
- Home Sweet Home Sashing BONUS – 36 patch
- Block 15: Home Sweet Home Quilt Along – Home for H...
- Project QUILTING: Ziggin & A Zaggin - A Closer Loo...
- ▼ April (20)
- ► 2011 (225)
- ► 2010 (276)
- ► 2009 (302)
In a previous post I talked about creating a barn quilt to hang at my orchard. Well, the process has begun and I plan to keep you all ‘in...
I was lucky enough to find another fantastic Guest Judge for this week’s Project QUILTING Challenge (the last one of season 1). I wanted to...
We’ve already gone through how to create the frame for the barn quilt , how to paint the barn quilt – now I’m going to show you the last ...
Let’s take a look at a few more of the beautiful creations inspired by the Barn Quilt Project QUILTING Challenge. Quilter: Gock’s Frock...
I saw this quilt by Aneela Hoey over 9 months ago. I haven’t been able to get it out of my mind – I just LOVE it! So – here’s what I ...