Home Sweet Home Quilt Along
- Block 1 - My Home
- Block 2 - Lapacek's Orchard
- Block 3 - House by the Bay
- Block 4 - My Tilted House
- Block 5 - Two Trees
- Block 6 - Tree of Life
- Block 7 - Under the Moreton Bay Fig
- Block 8 - A Wonky Modern House
- Block 9 - Scrappy Trees
- Block 10 - A Home for the Birds
- Block 11 - The Happy Tree
- Block 12 - the little house
- Block 13 - Three Trees
- Block 14 - Under the Apple Tree
- Block 15 - A Home for Hoot
- Block 16 - Branch Sweet Branch
- BONUS - accuquilt home
- BONUS - Acid Cottage
- BONUS - Marcia's Crazee Patch House
- BONUS Block - Rippling Pond
- Flickr Group - Post your blocks here!
- BONUS - Acid Cottage
My Fabric is For Sale!
My Flickr Stream!
My Blog List
Kim's Crafty Apple has MOVED to www.PersimonDreams.com
I’m re-branding myself from Kim’s Crafty Apple into ‘Persimon Dreams.’
You can now find me at:
(and my jewelry is still at www.theapple.etsy.com)
I know some people dread the big milestone birthday’s but I have to say – I pretty much LOVE all birthdays! It’s a great way to celebrate and a wonderful excuse to spend time with friends and family you may not get to see as much as you would like. And that’s exactly what I did this year!
I put on my birthday crown (from whichgoose – I’ve been DROOLING over these for YEARS but since I already was married by the time I discovered her shop I didn’t really ‘need’ a crown. BUT a friend of mine pointed out that I could have a ‘Birthday Crown.’ And that’s all the excuse I needed! I must admit I got a few weird looks at the local Pick N Save – but who cares!?) and we had a big ole party. We started around 2 in the afternoon yesterday – had lots of games set up, nacho bar, cake, and beer. I would say 40 to 50 people showed up and enjoyed the night with us! My parents were kind enough to whisk the girls away around 4:30 and take them to a hotel swimming for the night. I managed to stay awake until midnight (which is way harder now that I’m 30!) and toasted my birthday minute! If anyone that came to the party reads this – THANK YOU so much for celebrating with me. It really made the night!
Today the girls came home later in the morning and right away were excited to work on their gift for me. I took a lovely nap while they worked with their Papa.The first gift I opened was a stool for me to sit on at my craft sales. The girls did a lovely job painting the legs of the stool so I am sitting in style! My next gift was from Capri. She decided she wanted to paint me a plaque that said “MOM” for my new craft area! And finally – Cedi decided to give me a garden gnome! I’ve been talking and dreaming of creating a ‘gnome garden’ in the orchard but hadn’t found the perfect one to start the fun and collection. I’m so happy with the one Cedi chose to start the garden out!
I hope you enjoyed the 15th day of April too! It really is a good day to be born on!
Sign Up for my Newsletter!
- Home Sweet Home – Truffula Tree Sashing Tutorial
- A Birthday, A Book Review and a GIVEAWAY
- Home Sweet Home – Birds in the Bushes Sashing Tuto...
- Home Sweet Home – Trees in Blossom Bonus Sashing
- BOM & QAL’s – Monday Update
- ‘ties that bind’ by Marie Bostwick – a blog hop bo...
- Home Sweet Home – Hexagon Forest Sashing
- Home Sweet Home – BONUS Block – Acid Cottage from ...
- Home Sweet Home – Shoo Fly Sashing
- RAW Madison Stimulus Video & Guest Blogger
- Home Sweet Home – String a Flower Garden Sashing B...
- Home Sweet Home – BONUS Block – Rippling Pond from...
- I’m 30!!!!
- What’s Your Style: Boho
- BOM’s & QA’s – Monday Update
- BONUS Block – Home Sweet Home Quilt Along: Marcia’...
- Block 16 – Home Sweet Home Quilt Along 'Branch Swe...
- Home Sweet Home Sashing BONUS – 36 patch
- Block 15: Home Sweet Home Quilt Along – Home for H...
- Project QUILTING: Ziggin & A Zaggin - A Closer Loo...
- ▼ April (20)
- ► 2011 (225)
- ► 2010 (276)
- ► 2009 (302)
In a previous post I talked about creating a barn quilt to hang at my orchard. Well, the process has begun and I plan to keep you all ‘in...
I was lucky enough to find another fantastic Guest Judge for this week’s Project QUILTING Challenge (the last one of season 1). I wanted to...
We’ve already gone through how to create the frame for the barn quilt , how to paint the barn quilt – now I’m going to show you the last ...
Let’s take a look at a few more of the beautiful creations inspired by the Barn Quilt Project QUILTING Challenge. Quilter: Gock’s Frock...
I saw this quilt by Aneela Hoey over 9 months ago. I haven’t been able to get it out of my mind – I just LOVE it! So – here’s what I ...