Home Sweet Home Quilt Along
- Block 1 - My Home
- Block 2 - Lapacek's Orchard
- Block 3 - House by the Bay
- Block 4 - My Tilted House
- Block 5 - Two Trees
- Block 6 - Tree of Life
- Block 7 - Under the Moreton Bay Fig
- Block 8 - A Wonky Modern House
- Block 9 - Scrappy Trees
- Block 10 - A Home for the Birds
- Block 11 - The Happy Tree
- Block 12 - the little house
- Block 13 - Three Trees
- Block 14 - Under the Apple Tree
- Block 15 - A Home for Hoot
- Block 16 - Branch Sweet Branch
- BONUS - accuquilt home
- BONUS - Acid Cottage
- BONUS - Marcia's Crazee Patch House
- BONUS Block - Rippling Pond
- Flickr Group - Post your blocks here!
- BONUS - Acid Cottage
My Fabric is For Sale!
My Flickr Stream!
My Blog List
Kim's Crafty Apple has MOVED to www.PersimonDreams.com
I’m re-branding myself from Kim’s Crafty Apple into ‘Persimon Dreams.’
You can now find me at:
(and my jewelry is still at www.theapple.etsy.com)
Happy Saturday night everyone! My next goal before this update was to get 3 more 8-inch blocks done for my sampler quilt. And I did…so welcome to this Saturday’s update – I would love to hear what you think of them so far!
2012 8-inch Sampler Quilt from all different Quilt Along’s, Block’s of the Months, and my Own Ideas!I have two of every block made for the Blogger’s BOM including the newest one. I’m still moving a bit slower on the New York Beauty Quilt Along but did manage to make two more since the last post. I think these are really going to add some jazz to this piece – and I can’t believe I’m actually making them – I never saw myself doing this ever! I only have two left to get through all the ones in the Quilt Along. They’re starting to go faster than they were before for me.
I still only have the sole Mariner’s Compass Block done from the aid of Chris Lynn Kirsch’s class and her new self-published book, Compass Capers. I will definitely be making at least one more of these for this piece.
I did a really fun ‘star’ block from the Crumb Along. It is such a fabulous way to make a quilt! I may have to make more than two of each of these…we’ll see what happens…
I’m up to 28 8-inch blocks made and I am so so so LOVING this quilt!
You can see what everyone else’s blocks for the Quilter’s BOM look like in the flickr group: http://www.flickr.com/groups/bloggersbom/pool/with/6789066490/
and for the New York Beauty Quilt Along in this flickr group: http://www.flickr.com/groups/1900096@N20/
and for the Crumb Along: http://www.flickr.com/groups/1722689@N25/
The Craftsy Block of the Month
No new progress on these. I made my blocks too early in the month…I’m already anxiously waiting for the next two…
And here’s the Craftsy Block of the Month Flickr Group if you want to see what others’ looks like:
Next up: the BOM from FabricFascination. Sometime’s BOM’s are nice to just have the fabric all sent already precut for you – and that’s exactly what I’m doing with this one. A new block for May! This one was easy peasy!
- Overview of the Block of the Month Club
- Block of the Month Pre-Cut Kits
- Block 1:
- Block 2:
- Block 3
- Block 4
- Block 5
I would LOVE to see how yours is coming along! PLEASE post your block photo’s to the flickr Group: Home Sweet Home Quilt Along Flickr Group: http://www.flickr.com/groups/1850682@N20/
Do you know of any great quilt-alongs I should add to my list? I’m always looking for more to expand my skills! I’m especially looking for ones that are 8-inch block size so I can use up more scraps!
Sign Up for my Newsletter!
- Spinning Nines Tutorial – A New Block and A Pieced...
- Celebration - Kaleidoscoping
- Home Sweet Home – Happy Neighborhood Sashing Tutor...
- Home Sweet Home – Suburbs Sashing Tutorial
- Home Sweet Home – Window Trees Sashing Tutorial
- Blogger’s Quilt Festival – Time to Nominate and Vo...
- BOM & QAL – Tuesday Update
- Home Sweet Home – Cornerstones from Hawthorne Thre...
- Vintage Hexagon Quilt Find!
- Home Sweet Home – 42. Split Hexie Tree Sashing
- Blogger’s Quilt Festival: Spring 2012 – 21. Bloomi...
- Quilter’s Tattoo
- Celebration – Round 2
- Home Sweet Home – Hexagon Trees
- Face Painting Fun
- BOM & QAL – Saturday Update
- What’s Your Style: Burlesque
- Home Sweet Home – Four Square Sashing Tutorial
- Home Sweet Home – Four Rectangles Sashing Tutorial...
- Home Sweet Home – Cornerstones from the Fat Quarte...
- Quilt Show, Ballet Pictures, and the Singing Quilt...
- Home Sweet Home – Zig Zag Sashing Tutorial from Ma...
- Home Sweet Home Quilt Top Revealed
- Prairie Heritage Quilt Show – today, tomorrow and ...
- 2012 Quilts By Barb Retreat Quilt - ‘Celebration’ ...
- Book Winner!
- BOM’s & QAL’s – Wednesday Update
- Home Sweet Home – Window Panes Sashing Tutorials
- ▼ May (28)
- ► 2011 (225)
- ► 2010 (276)
- ► 2009 (302)
In a previous post I talked about creating a barn quilt to hang at my orchard. Well, the process has begun and I plan to keep you all ‘in...
I was lucky enough to find another fantastic Guest Judge for this week’s Project QUILTING Challenge (the last one of season 1). I wanted to...
We’ve already gone through how to create the frame for the barn quilt , how to paint the barn quilt – now I’m going to show you the last ...
Let’s take a look at a few more of the beautiful creations inspired by the Barn Quilt Project QUILTING Challenge. Quilter: Gock’s Frock...
I saw this quilt by Aneela Hoey over 9 months ago. I haven’t been able to get it out of my mind – I just LOVE it! So – here’s what I ...