Home Sweet Home Quilt Along
- Block 1 - My Home
- Block 2 - Lapacek's Orchard
- Block 3 - House by the Bay
- Block 4 - My Tilted House
- Block 5 - Two Trees
- Block 6 - Tree of Life
- Block 7 - Under the Moreton Bay Fig
- Block 8 - A Wonky Modern House
- Block 9 - Scrappy Trees
- Block 10 - A Home for the Birds
- Block 11 - The Happy Tree
- Block 12 - the little house
- Block 13 - Three Trees
- Block 14 - Under the Apple Tree
- Block 15 - A Home for Hoot
- Block 16 - Branch Sweet Branch
- BONUS - accuquilt home
- BONUS - Acid Cottage
- BONUS - Marcia's Crazee Patch House
- BONUS Block - Rippling Pond
- Flickr Group - Post your blocks here!
- BONUS - Acid Cottage
My Fabric is For Sale!
My Flickr Stream!
My Blog List
Kim's Crafty Apple has MOVED to www.PersimonDreams.com
I’m re-branding myself from Kim’s Crafty Apple into ‘Persimon Dreams.’
You can now find me at:
(and my jewelry is still at www.theapple.etsy.com)
I’m not sure if anyone has noticed but I now have blog sponsors! Yeah! It’s such an exciting step in my blogging life. Now I can also justify all the time I spend on my computer to my husband (or at least some of the time…)
Anyway, a couple of weeks ago I shared with you possible cornerstone fabrics for the Home Sweet Home Quilt Along you can find at one of my sponsors sites – the Fat Quarter Shop and tonight I want to share with you some great house and tree fabrics I found at another sponsors site – Hawthorne Threads.
All you need for your cornerstones is a 3.5” square. If you aren’t crazy and decided to use straight fabric for your sashings instead of the 49 different designs – you can always cut these fabrics into 3.5” x 12.5” for sashings (or whatever size you choose for your quilt).
I had so much fun searching ‘house’ and ‘tree’ on Hawthorne Threads – here are just 12 of my favorites…
Starting in the upper left corner: Farmhouse Patchwork in Blue, Bird House in Dusty Blue, City in Green, Pear Tree in Blue, Peeps Towers in Turquoise*, Houses in Multi, Tree Blooms in Aqua, Sweet Street in Grey, Pine Trees in Winter, Tree Farms in Aqua, Squirrels and Trees in Sorbet, Spring Street Panel in Blue
Do you have a favorite of my house and tree finds!?
Sign Up for my Newsletter!
- Spinning Nines Tutorial – A New Block and A Pieced...
- Celebration - Kaleidoscoping
- Home Sweet Home – Happy Neighborhood Sashing Tutor...
- Home Sweet Home – Suburbs Sashing Tutorial
- Home Sweet Home – Window Trees Sashing Tutorial
- Blogger’s Quilt Festival – Time to Nominate and Vo...
- BOM & QAL – Tuesday Update
- Home Sweet Home – Cornerstones from Hawthorne Thre...
- Vintage Hexagon Quilt Find!
- Home Sweet Home – 42. Split Hexie Tree Sashing
- Blogger’s Quilt Festival: Spring 2012 – 21. Bloomi...
- Quilter’s Tattoo
- Celebration – Round 2
- Home Sweet Home – Hexagon Trees
- Face Painting Fun
- BOM & QAL – Saturday Update
- What’s Your Style: Burlesque
- Home Sweet Home – Four Square Sashing Tutorial
- Home Sweet Home – Four Rectangles Sashing Tutorial...
- Home Sweet Home – Cornerstones from the Fat Quarte...
- Quilt Show, Ballet Pictures, and the Singing Quilt...
- Home Sweet Home – Zig Zag Sashing Tutorial from Ma...
- Home Sweet Home Quilt Top Revealed
- Prairie Heritage Quilt Show – today, tomorrow and ...
- 2012 Quilts By Barb Retreat Quilt - ‘Celebration’ ...
- Book Winner!
- BOM’s & QAL’s – Wednesday Update
- Home Sweet Home – Window Panes Sashing Tutorials
- ▼ May (28)
- ► 2011 (225)
- ► 2010 (276)
- ► 2009 (302)
In a previous post I talked about creating a barn quilt to hang at my orchard. Well, the process has begun and I plan to keep you all ‘in...
I was lucky enough to find another fantastic Guest Judge for this week’s Project QUILTING Challenge (the last one of season 1). I wanted to...
We’ve already gone through how to create the frame for the barn quilt , how to paint the barn quilt – now I’m going to show you the last ...
Let’s take a look at a few more of the beautiful creations inspired by the Barn Quilt Project QUILTING Challenge. Quilter: Gock’s Frock...
I saw this quilt by Aneela Hoey over 9 months ago. I haven’t been able to get it out of my mind – I just LOVE it! So – here’s what I ...