Home Sweet Home Quilt Along
- Block 1 - My Home
- Block 2 - Lapacek's Orchard
- Block 3 - House by the Bay
- Block 4 - My Tilted House
- Block 5 - Two Trees
- Block 6 - Tree of Life
- Block 7 - Under the Moreton Bay Fig
- Block 8 - A Wonky Modern House
- Block 9 - Scrappy Trees
- Block 10 - A Home for the Birds
- Block 11 - The Happy Tree
- Block 12 - the little house
- Block 13 - Three Trees
- Block 14 - Under the Apple Tree
- Block 15 - A Home for Hoot
- Block 16 - Branch Sweet Branch
- BONUS - accuquilt home
- BONUS - Acid Cottage
- BONUS - Marcia's Crazee Patch House
- BONUS Block - Rippling Pond
- Flickr Group - Post your blocks here!
- BONUS - Acid Cottage
My Fabric is For Sale!
My Flickr Stream!
My Blog List
Kim's Crafty Apple has MOVED to www.PersimonDreams.com
I’m re-branding myself from Kim’s Crafty Apple into ‘Persimon Dreams.’
You can now find me at:
(and my jewelry is still at www.theapple.etsy.com)
And let’s not forget – I started the day by getting Cedi on the bus and getting Pip, Capri and myself to the gym on time for BodyStep and BodyPump before the real fun even started!After lunch and of course, Word World, I packed the girls up and we headed to the Heritage Quilt Show in Sun Prairie. I snapped a picture of the girls in front of my favorite quilt of the show – this one just blows my mind – so amazing!We were pleasantly surprised to find Diane’s Mystery Letter Challenge Quilt with a First Place Ribbon! The girls were especially excited and as soon as Grandma got to the quilt show they dragged her over to see it! Here’s my Mystery Letter Quilt hanging. And then, before we left, the girls found their favorite quilt of the show and they had their picture in front of it. Having them find their favorite really kept them interested in looking at everything – a mom strategy that actually worked! When we left the quilt show, all the girls promptly passed out in the van. I managed to run in the house, grab the outfits and head to ballet pictures without anyone waking up. Getting them up and dressed actually was easier than I thought it would – probably because they were sleeping at least a half hour. Pictures went really well and I’m happy to share this great picture I got of Cedi & Capri with their friend Mel. They’re going to be so cute at their recital on the 19th!
A quick stop at the grocery store and we were heading home for dinner.
I ate quickly so I could leave for my final event of the day – the Lodi Valley Quilt Guild Meeting. There was a fabulous program put on by the Singing Quilter. She made us laugh and cry and showed us some truly amazing quilts along the way. What a great experience! If she comes to a town near you I highly recommend checking out her show!
And with that – I finally headed home, got some hand work ready so I would have something to work on while I worked at the polls today, and went to bed.
Sign Up for my Newsletter!
- Spinning Nines Tutorial – A New Block and A Pieced...
- Celebration - Kaleidoscoping
- Home Sweet Home – Happy Neighborhood Sashing Tutor...
- Home Sweet Home – Suburbs Sashing Tutorial
- Home Sweet Home – Window Trees Sashing Tutorial
- Blogger’s Quilt Festival – Time to Nominate and Vo...
- BOM & QAL – Tuesday Update
- Home Sweet Home – Cornerstones from Hawthorne Thre...
- Vintage Hexagon Quilt Find!
- Home Sweet Home – 42. Split Hexie Tree Sashing
- Blogger’s Quilt Festival: Spring 2012 – 21. Bloomi...
- Quilter’s Tattoo
- Celebration – Round 2
- Home Sweet Home – Hexagon Trees
- Face Painting Fun
- BOM & QAL – Saturday Update
- What’s Your Style: Burlesque
- Home Sweet Home – Four Square Sashing Tutorial
- Home Sweet Home – Four Rectangles Sashing Tutorial...
- Home Sweet Home – Cornerstones from the Fat Quarte...
- Quilt Show, Ballet Pictures, and the Singing Quilt...
- Home Sweet Home – Zig Zag Sashing Tutorial from Ma...
- Home Sweet Home Quilt Top Revealed
- Prairie Heritage Quilt Show – today, tomorrow and ...
- 2012 Quilts By Barb Retreat Quilt - ‘Celebration’ ...
- Book Winner!
- BOM’s & QAL’s – Wednesday Update
- Home Sweet Home – Window Panes Sashing Tutorials
- ▼ May (28)
- ► 2011 (225)
- ► 2010 (276)
- ► 2009 (302)
In a previous post I talked about creating a barn quilt to hang at my orchard. Well, the process has begun and I plan to keep you all ‘in...
I was lucky enough to find another fantastic Guest Judge for this week’s Project QUILTING Challenge (the last one of season 1). I wanted to...
We’ve already gone through how to create the frame for the barn quilt , how to paint the barn quilt – now I’m going to show you the last ...
I saw this quilt by Aneela Hoey over 9 months ago. I haven’t been able to get it out of my mind – I just LOVE it! So – here’s what I ...
Let’s take a look at a few more of the beautiful creations inspired by the Barn Quilt Project QUILTING Challenge. Quilter: Gock’s Frock...